NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
TO: Burnie Bowls Club Members
FROM: Executive Officer David Gewin
DATE: 25 March 2020
NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC
EMERGENCY BOARD MEETING 24 MARCH 2020
As you have no doubt heard, the Coronavirus Pandemic has hit Australia. Tasmania and indeed Burnie, have not gone unscathed, and several measures have been put in place to slow the spread of the disease.
We have no option than to act in accordance with all requirements that have been recommended or put in place by state and federal authorities.
As result we confirm, Burnie Bowls Club will be CLOSED FOR ALL ACCESS, until further notice.
NO members are permitted to enter the club. This also relates to use of the indoor surface which is closed until further notice.
Access to the club will be restricted to EO, President, Directors and necessary staff.
It is likely that these measures will be applicable until at least 31 May this year, but these dates may need to be reviewed and adjusted as required.
The Board meeting identified key priorities required now and in preparation for when we may be able to open again. We will continue to work through this period to ensure the Club is in the best shape possible for when we return and confident we will be able to weather the Storm.
We will keep you informed.
Until then our main concern is for the health and safety of all our Members, Staff, and Patrons.
We urge everyone to be aware of and observe social distancing and hygiene protocols to help stop the spread of the virus.
I have attached a fact sheet on the back of this memorandum, outlining the protocols and some important contact information, for your reference.
We do hope that you all remain safe and that the new season can be disease free, and we expect you all to be there.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC
Social Distancing and Hygiene Protocols
- Don’t leave the house unless it is necessary.
- Don’t travel unless it is necessary.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds at a time and several times a day, and before preparing food and after you have used the toilet.
- Don’t touch your face before you have washed your hands.
- When you do go out, eg for groceries etc, keep 1.5m between yourself and others.
- If you feel any symptoms (including fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue, and shortness of breath), don’t visit your doctor; call Coronavirus Hotline 1800 675 398.
- Should you have severe symptoms, eg difficulty in breathing, call 000.
- At any time if you feel you need someone to talk to, please call the Coronavirus Hotline.
The Government has a very comprehensive website for information relating to CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) including;
- Government rules and directives, medical information, updates and statistics, stimulus packages plus a whole lot more…
The website is: www.australia.gov.au
I recommend you visit the site and have a read if you feel there is anything more you need to know.